I have spent most of my career developing software for the web. But in March of 2020 the world was hit with COVID-19 and I decided that I should spend the lock-down honing a few skills and learning a bit about another platform. A friend had a Shopify store and wanted to add an announcement bar. Rather than advise her on using another app, I offered to build one.
A few weeks later, my app was accepted into the Shopify App Store and I formally became a Shopify Partner. My friend was happy, as was I, and so were the other customers that started using Announcement Bar Hero!
- React, NextJS using KoaJS web framework.
- MongoDB on Atlas Cloud and Mongoose object modelling.
- GraphQL & REST APIs for Shopify.
- Mailgun for email notifications.
- Jetbrains IntelliJ IDEA IDE with GitHub for source control.
- NPM for Node package management.
- Heroku Server for Merchant Administration UI.
- Multiple Heroku Servers for serving announcement bars.